Waralungku Arts

A: 191 Robinson Road, Borroloola, NT

P: +61 8 8975 6718

E: waralungkumanager@mabunji.com.au

W: waralungku.com

Facebook: waralungku.arts.58

Instagram: @waralungku

WARALUNGKU ARTS (pronounced Wharr-Ral-Loonghu) is an indigenous art centre located in the remote town of Borroloola, NT. It is not-for-profit, and fully owned and governed by Aboriginal peoples of the region. Waralungku Arts represents artists from the four main language groups – Yanyuwa, Garrwa, Marra and Gudanji.

Waralungku artists are producing vibrant contemporary work which reflects history and etradition, but also speaks of current issues and concerns for Aboriginal people of today. The leading Borroloola artists explore a range of themes in their work including the life and the history of the community, wider political views and environmental concerns, as well as the distinctive beauty of the surrounding landscape.

Waralungku Arts ensures Fair Trade practices for all their artists. It assures purchases from the art centre are ethical – 70 percent of the purchase price goes directly to the artist, while the remaining 30 percent is used to purchase new supplies and support further artistic practice. Waralungku Artists work in a wide range of mediums – contemporary painting, printmaking, sculpture, jewellery and traditional craft items.

Waralungku Arts welcomes all visitors who wish to view and purchase artworks directly from the source. Wheelchair ramps and accessible toilets are available.

Image: Jack Green, Ngabaya ngyirridji gunindjba—the Devil that fiddles and digs in our country, 2020. Acrylic on canvas, 102 x 118cm. Courtesy: Waralungku Arts.


Yalanji Arts